Job Title: Project Manager (Architect Engineer)
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Contract duration: 16 months
Working Hours: 08:30 am to 04:00 pm
Place of Work: Erbil
Monthly Salary: 1200 $
Published Date: 23-07-2021
Deadline Date: 27-07-2021
Core Functions / Responsibilities
The Project Manager will have the overall responsibility for the successful implementation of the project within the approved framework of authority. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establishing solid working relationship with the project board (Executive, Senior Users and -Senior Suppliers), client and key stakeholders.
- The management of communication and ensuring stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, and exceptions. Advising the client on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
- The project manager responsible for all the design and drawings of the project and follow up implementation and construction of the project.
- Liaise with and manage where appropriate external suppliers / subcontractors.
- Developing and maintaining project plans; managing the production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary; advising the Project Board of any deviations from the plan; identifying and managing risks so that maximum benefit to client and stakeholders is achieved; monitoring and evaluating performance of service providers.
- Advise the Project Board and OC Director of any deviations from the plan.
- Advise the project donor on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
- Manage and review the overall quality of the works and ensure that the beneficiary accepts the completed facility. The quality of the works should reflect those standards defined within the contract drawings and be managed in line with the requirements of ISO9001 and Iraqi standards.
- Manage and review both Health and Safety and Environmental Practices during the delivery of the project to those requirements defined within ISO14001 and Iraqi standards.
- Any other tasks requested by line manager/s.
Prepare/adapt the following plans for approval by the Project Board: Project Initiation Documentation; Stage/Exception Plans and relevant Product Descriptions.
Prepare the following reports:
I. Highlight Reports
II. End Stage Reports
III. Operational Closure Checklist
IV. End Project Report
V. Handover Report
- Ensure that all expenditure comply with (BCF) Financial Rules and Regulations.
- Manage budgets, cash flow and obligations to ensure that deliverables are met and payments to contractors and personnel are received on time.
- MSc Degree in Architect is preferable, construction management or related to the role at least 5 years’ experience at project development and management (please explain in the application letter why you think your education and/or professional background is appropriate).
- Experience in monitoring, reporting, development and coordination in either public or private sector organizations is asset.
- AutoCAD/3D max, experience,
- Experience in Microsoft Office Programs, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.
- Experience in project and team management and skills development.