Job Title: WASH Assistant Senior Officer (Engineer)
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Working Hours: 08:30 am to 04:00 pm
Place of Work: Head Quarter -Erbil
Monthly Salary: 1,250,000 IQDs
Published Date: 04-10-2021
Deadline Date: 09-10-2021 at 04:00 P.M
The WASH Engineer will be responsible for the design and delivery of high-quality Water and Sanitation Infrastructure for the targeted areas. He will provide leadership in carrying out assessments, design, planning, implementation, and monitoring of all WASH construction activities. He will also supervise the design and preparation of all technical documents, Program Descriptions, Bills of Quantities (BoQs) and drawings, and the execution and handing over to relevant local authorities. The position will also technically line manage field WASH assistant Engineers, CLTS facilitators, and hygiene promoters across dispersed locations and actively engage with the local governments, and all other WASH actors.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- As a Head of WASH team, he should Manage Water /Sanitation activities in the field.
- Maintain effective communication with CLTS facilitators, hygiene promoters, and WASH assistant engineers.
- Maintain close links and coordination with communities and local authorities.
- Supervise the Improved Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) projects to ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the agreed design and plan.
- Check that the quality and quantity of the material used are in accordance with the specification.
- Supervise the project staff and provide monthly activity reports of the project and submit it to the Program Manager.
- Provide technical guidance to the WASH assistant engineers.
- Preparing Term of Reference (ToR) for WASH staffs.
- Liquidation of the budget and work plan activities. Preparing actual expenditure reports.
- Preparing and verification of contractor’s payments and documents.
- Compile and verification of WASH program paper works in field and office.
- Reporting WASH activities on Activity Info system.
- Preparing reports and data for WASH cluster such as (WASH infrastructure in the camps, Water quality reports, feedback on complain).
- Coordination and liaising with relevant sides (Camp Management, UN agencies, KRG directorates and WASH actors).
- Representing the organization and participating relevant meetings (WASH Cluster meeting, Camp Coordination and Camp Meeting CCCM, Camp Coordination Working Groups CC WG…).
- Representing the organization for meetings with donor auditors and internal auditors.
- Coordinate the implementation of the project’s infrastructure related activities.
- Conduct technical assessments and data analysis
- Provide technical expertise related to the planned infrastructure works carried out by the project.
- Monitor expenditures, budgets, and track activity expenses; ensure that appropriate action is taken in a timely fashion.
- Develop Bills of Quantities (BoQs), and tender documents.
- Prepare and launch tender bidding procedure for construction contractor(s).
- Develop technical resources (e.g., strategic framework, standard operating procedures (SOPs), manuals) from international best practices, along with field specific observations.
- Develop clear infrastructure monitoring tools (e.g., checklists).
- Conduct trainings for project staff and ‘Community WASH Focal Points’ on WASH infrastructure monitoring, operations, and maintenance.)
- Any other tasks/responsibilities requested by line manager.
- Education at Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree level in Civil/ water supply engineering is essential.
- At least five (5) years of practical experience in WASH infrastructure engineering, including documented experience in designing and supervising the implementation of water and sanitation schemes. Previous experience in designing and supervising large urban/rural Solar water schemes is desirable.
- Only Male candidates will be shortlisted.
- Technical Knowledge and experience of water pumping systems including solar powered pumping system.
- Good knowledge of Water treatment and quality monitoring methods.
- Knowledge in preparing surveys, planning and execution of construction projects.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in using Engineering CAD Software and other computer applications such as Arc GIS, word, excel, access, PowerPoint, etc.
- Demonstrable skills in project planning and design, drafting, calculation, Bill of Quantities preparation, and technical writing.
- Ability to manage teams and communicate effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment.
- Ability to build other people’s capacity.
- Excellent oral and written English skills required.