Job Title: Community Mobilization Officer
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Working Hours: 08:30 am to 04:00 pm
Place of Work: Erbil Office- Erbil Governorate camps
Monthly Salary: 950,000 IQDs
Published Date: 27-12-2021
Deadline Date: 02-01-2022
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Enhance the relationship between camp management with the camp population.
- providing camp manager with the required reports.
- Supervise direct community mobilizers in the camp.
- Monitoring, evaluation and announcement for community general awareness raising sessions.
- Conduct community and door-by-door visits to share or gather information as necessary.
- Support the organization’s meetings with community representatives.
- Conduct communication and community outreach among the camp population.
- Prevent the spread of misinformation through proactive and reactive information sharing.
- Use diverse mass information channels such as notice, story, board, information campaigns, loud speakers and megaphones to conduct information campaigns.
- Monitor and evaluate the outcomes of the community awareness raising sessions.
- Coordinate with other relevant resources to ensure the delivery of further community awareness sessions on health and hygiene topics.
- Work on the creation of the committees with the implementation of a comprehensive/ participatory approach with the communities targeted.
- Maximize site residents understanding of committee mandate and scope. Also, to encourage resident’s involvement in committee project and activities.
- Conduct monitoring of the activities, analysis the data collection and plan activities accordingly.
- Report daily activities, incidents, achievements and adaptations made to the management.
- Conduct information campaigns and community assemblies in the field to ensure and facilitate the creation of the committees.
- Organize and implement trainings in collaboration with other internal/external agencies and (or) private trainers under camp manager’s supervision.
- Assist the community in obtaining information and knowledge that may be available through governmental and non-governmental agencies, through extension and outreach programs.
- To assist the community members in developing their own capacity and strength to the point where they no longer need the services of the mobilizer.
- Any other tasks/responsibilities requested by line manager.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in relevant field.
- Minimum of (2) years’ experience in a relevant field.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Arabic, Kurdish.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Collaborative working style and team-player attitude.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive, effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.