Job Title: Project Manager (Civil Engineer)
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Reports to: Senior Program Officer and Kirkuk Office Director
Contract duration: 12 months
Working Hours: 08:30 am to 04:00 pm
Place of Work: Tikrit, Iraq
Monthly Salary: 1200 $
Published Date: 03-03-2022
Deadline Date: 07-03-2022
Job Description/ Terms of reference(ToR):
The principal objective of the Project Manager position is to ensure the overall success of the project, and see that deliverables arrive on time, on scope, on budget, within required quality levels, and in line with donor requirements. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 1- Establishing a solid working relationship with the project board (Executive, Senior Users and -Senior Suppliers), client and key stakeholders.
2- The management of communication and ensuring stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, and exceptions. Advising the client on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
3- The project manager responsible for all the design and drawings of the project and follow up implementation and construction of the project.
4- Liaise with and manage where appropriate external suppliers / subcontractors.
5- Developing and maintaining project plans; taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary; advising the Project Board of any deviations from the plan; identifying and managing risks so that maximum benefit to client and stakeholders is achieved; monitoring and evaluating the performance of service providers.
6- Advise the Project Board of any deviations from the plan.
7- Advise the project donor on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
8- Manage and review the overall quality of the works and ensure that the beneficiary accepts the completed facility. The quality of the works should reflect those standards defined within the contract drawings and be managed in line with the requirements of ISO9001 and Iraqi standards.
9- Manage and review both Health and Safety and Environmental Practices during the delivery of the project to those requirements defined within ISO14001 and Iraqi standards.
10- Ensure that all expenditures comply with (BCF) Financial Rules and Regulations.
11- Manage budgets, cash flow, and obligations to ensure that deliverables are met and payments to contractors and personnel are received on time.
Prepare, review, and submit the following reports to the Project Board: Project Initiation Documentation; Stage/Exception Plans and relevant Product Descriptions.
Prepare the following reports:
- I. Progress Reports
- II. Final Reports
- III. Operational Closure Checklist
- IV. Closure Report
- V. Handover Report
Required Education & Experience and Skills:
• Masters Degree in Civil is preferable, construction management or other relevant fields.
• Fluency in Kurdish, English, and Arabic
• At least 5 years’ of experience in project development and management.
• Experience in monitoring, reporting, development and coordination in the public sector, private sector, and humanitarian sector is an asset.
• Good command to AutoCAD/3D max.
• Experience in Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience in project and team management and skills development.
• Must be the resident of Kirkuk or Tikrit.