Job Title: Deputy Camp Manager
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Working Hours: 08:30 am to 04:00 pm
Place of Work: Kabartu 2 Camp -Duhok Office
Gender: Male / Female
Monthly Salary: 1,100 ,000 IQDs
Published Date: 2023-11-08
Deadline Date: 2023-11-12 at 12:00 P.M.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- In the absence of the camp manager all the responsibilities are handed over to deputy camp manager.
- Attend at the staff meeting and preparing meeting minutes
- Enforce fairly all rules and regulations of the Camp. See that the property is adequately protected at all the times.
- Assist in overall day to day management of camp coordination activities and direct manager for staff members including; coaching, ensuring co-ordination between staff.
- Cooperate with camp manager and ensure that camp manager is aware of the decisions made by deputy.
- Assist in Overseeing coordination among all actors in the camp, including UN agencies, international / national NGOs and other service providers and refugee/IDPs groups by leading and developing the existing coordination mechanisms.
- Assist to monitor, in close collaboration with field officer, all technical work carried out in the camp setting, including water, sanitation and hygiene activities and construction activities, and any other activities implemented by camp management.
- Ensure all activities respect international standards for each sector.
- Assist with all procurements and logistical arrangements associated with the Camp, and report it to camp manager.
- Request reports from each of (CFW, information management, Community mobilization and warehouse) officers, finalize it and raise it to the camp manager on weekly and monthly basis.
- Facilitate and monitoring the distribution of all items in the camp to ensure that minimum standards and operating procedures are respected and applied.
- Arrange monthly meetings with sector leaders when it’s required.
- Assist in managing/supporting any community services, youth activities, protection support and similar humanitarian programs that are undertaken in the camp.
- Assist in developing and applying strong camp-wide communication strategy to ensure information is being disseminated to all camp residents using a variety of mediums.
- Assist in coordination with the government security apparatus, police, and the refugee/IDPs community to ensure the security and safety of refugees/IDPs and the camp is maintained.
- Assist in supporting information gathering and participatory assessments undertaken within the camp.
- Assist in working with the sector sand projects team in the development of key relationships in order to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, data collection, and community outreach.
- Supervise camp employees and volunteers as assigned by camp manager.
- Schedule time off (Leaves) in a manner that does not conflict with camp functions or operations. All time off would be coordinated through the Camp Manager.
- Working hours are not limited by a set schedule. May be called upon at all hours to perform camp duties. Deputy Camp Manager will be expected to work weekends and holidays. Attends and participates in Committee meetings when appropriate.
- Will serve as pro team in areas assigned by camp manager and approved by Head of Erbil office.
- Supervise Drivers and service staff on site.
- Management and oversight of subcontractors.
- Ensure/supervise resignation/termination, daily attendance sheet and delivering to HR department on time on daily basis.
- Providing the financial settlement report to finance department on monthly basis.
- Supervise receiving, relocation and departure process of IDPs/Refugee.
- Any other tasks/responsibilities requested by line manager
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of (2) years’ experience in management.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem – solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Very good in English and Arabic Language
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Office, Internet and mailing) and Reporting
- organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- S/he must be from the residents of the camp’s location and its surrounding area.