Job Shift: Day
Nationality: Not Applicable
Working Hours: Full Time
No Of Jobs: 1
Published Date: 2019-1-22
Deadline Date: 2019-1-27
Duties & Responsibilities: IT Assistant
Direct Line Manager: IT Officer
Location: Erbil Office
The objective of the Position:
IT Assistant is Under the line management of the IT Officer & Head of Erbil Office, who is responsible for:
Support the staff in managing software installation, updates, activation of laptops, emails etc.
Required Education & Field: Bachelor in Computer science/ IT, Software engineering, Computer engineering 2-3 years of IT experience, Diploma with 1-3 years of IT experiences or any related field with 2-4 years experiences.
Responsibilities & Functional Duties:
· Ensure that IT support is provided to all BCF employees in Erbil office, timely and efficiently
· All software programs are up to date and activate Microsoft office products and operating systems (when needed).
· Make sure authenticated employees have access to printers, scanners, etc.
· Report any IT related problems to the IT Officer.
· Ensure that internal employees have access to the internet at the Erbil office & HQ.
· Perform regular check-ups on IT equipment, software updates, and users’ management.
· Ensure that all computers (hardware and software), networks, multifunctional printers, and any other IT devices are set up and regularly maintained correctly according to BCF rules and regulations.
· Support the IT Officer in the maintenance of the IT equipment in the stock especially the old laptops and preparing them for any requests of use, and re-issuing them to the new employees.
· Fill the gap and support the coordination office in the absence of the IT Officer.
· Implement any new tasks assigned by the technical line manager or administrative manager at Erbil Office.
· Carry out regular inventory update of the equipment of Erbil office to maintain a good level of stock accordingly, suggest the IT Officer or Department Manager on the need of IT equipment.
· Monitor the equipment inventory for the Erbil office in line with the Supply Chain Manager.
· Ensures permanent access to communication between Erbil and HQ.
· Ensure that all emails for the users are working fine.
· Ensure that the Erbil office and HQ have a video conferencing system in place for remote meetings.
· Ensure that all communication lines are working and people have an adequate facility.
· Support the IT Officer on filing, archiving, scanning documentation or any required tasks in case of urgency.
· Support & Provide prompt assistance and collaboration to the HR department in both Erbil Office and HQ for recruitment process and training activities.
· Acts as staff liaison for the computing operation, communicating, resolving, and/or initiating the resolution of problems and concerns, maintain records.
· Designs and produces basic reports.
· Plan to set up laptops for newly enrolled employees or assigned staff for BCF ad-hoc missions.
· Knowledge/Understanding of IT Service Management Systems.
· Other duties as required by BCF IT Officer/supervisor (s).
· Strong communications and Interpersonal Skills.
· NGO experience is preferable.
· Organizational Skills.
· Very Good English level (Witten & Spoken), fluent in Kurdish, and Arabic is a plus.
· Autodidactic & Self-coaching skills.
· Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality required
Fluency in written and spoken English, Arabic and Kurdish.
Notice: Those who cannot be shortlisted are:
2. Public Servant