- Job Title: Agriculture Engineer
- Place of Work: Sinjar
- Working Hours: 08:30 am to 04:00 pm
- Contract Duration: (3) Months
- Salary: 1000 $
- Published Date: 16-03-2021
- Deadline Date: 19-03-2021
The Agriculture Engineer will support BCF’s greenhouse agriculture project being implemented in partnership with the Kuwait Society for Relief in (Duhok). The scope of the position will include providing oversight of greenhouse installation, monitoring the first season of production, and providing technical support to the farmers working in the greenhouses.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor the installation of greenhouses.
- Monitor and assist farmers during the planting period, for (10) greenhouses.
- Following planting, provide daily monitoring of greenhouse management from a technical perspective, and assist as needed with technical issues, and respond to beneficiary questions, to ensure maximum crop yield and quality and beneficiary learning.
- Record and document beneficiary questions, comments, and feedback, to be included in weekly reports.
- Submit weekly reports on monitoring activities, including challenges faced, proposed solutions and lessons learned.
- Communicate professionally and respectfully with all beneficiaries, landowners, local authorities, and project staff.
- Any other task requested by the line manager.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in agriculture or a related discipline with knowledge about greenhouse agriculture. Minimum experience 2 years.
- Experience in managing greenhouse projects.
- Experience in overseeing the construction of greenhouses and advising greenhouse workers.
- Experience providing training to farmers in greenhouse agriculture preferred;
- Fluency in Arabic.
- Maturity in the management of situations of tension, ability to work under stress;
- Flexibility and discretion at all levels of work.
Note: Don’t apply if you are one of the followings
2. Public Servant